2020 GROWTH INVESTOR AWARDS
RECOGNISING THE UNSUNG HEROES WHO HAVE RISEN TO THE CHALLENGE
- Investment providers, advisers and SMEs are invited to submit their entries for the 2020 Growth Investor Awards
- The awards feature 23 categories, including celebrating the Most Valuable Player who entrants nominate for making an outstanding individual contribution to their organisation in 2020
- To comply with social distancing rules, this year’s awards ceremony will be hosted online as a virtual event
Intelligent Partnership, the UK’s leading provider of education and insights on alternative investments, is pleased to confirm that the 2020 Growth Investor Awards are now open for entries. Finalists across 23 different categories will be announced in September, before winners are announced on Wednesday 18 November 2020. Due to social distancing rules aimed at preventing the spread of the coronavirus, instead of a gala dinner this year’s awards ceremony will be hosted as a virtual event, with all award nominees participating through an online-only platform.
‘Most Valuable Player’ award – celebrating the industry’s unsung heroes
In recognition of the exceptional challenges the investment community has faced over the past six months, this year’s awards have been expanded to include a ‘Most Valuable Player’ category. Entrants will be asked to nominate the individual within their organisation that they believe has made a highly valued contribution in recent months, going above and beyond to support clients, colleagues and portfolio companies. An additional three new categories complete the awards line-up for 2020:
- Best New Product or Service (open to any growth investment provider that has introduced an innovative new product or service to the market in the past 24 months
- Best Accelerator (open to any accelerator programme that has provided equity funding and support to early-stage businesses in the past 12 months)
- Corporate Investor of the Year (open to any corporate investor in early-stage companies)
Commenting on the 2020 Growth Investor Awards, Guy Tolhurst, Managing Director of Intelligent Partnership, said: “It would be disingenuous to launch this years’ awards without acknowledging the extraordinarily difficult time experienced by so many within our industry. For many start-ups, surviving this year will be an achievement in itself. At the same time, we have all noticed those people who have stepped up in the last few months and made a real difference within our community. We dedicate this year’s awards to these people, and we encourage everyone who enters this year’s award categories to take the time to put forward those individuals who truly deserve recognition.”
Entrants shortlisted within each category will move on to a second round of judging by at least three industry experts drawn from an independent panel of more than 35 judges, whose scores will be collated to determine the winner in each category. A personalised feedback and benchmarking report will be given to all finalists, providing them with valuable insight on areas of improvement.
Visit growthinvestorawards.com for more information on the award categories, last year’s award winners and more information on how to enter the awards.