- Investment providers, advisers and entrepreneurs are invited to enter the Growth Investor Awards, to celebrate their role in putting capital to work in the UK
- 20 categories recognising excellence across the small and medium-sized enterprise investment community are open for entry until June 28
- Black-tie awards ceremony for 450 guests will take place on Wednesday November 6 at the Royal Lancaster, London
Intelligent Partnership is delighted to announce that the fifth annual Growth Investor Awards are now open for entries. The prestigious accolades will be presented at a black-tie dinner for the leading lights in the SME community on November 6.
Launched in 2015, the Growth Investor Awards have consistently showcased the resounding successes of investment providers, growth companies and financial intermediaries in the UK SME investment ecosystem. Together, they support impressive outcomes for high-potential SMEs, striving to bridge the productivity gap, and creating jobs and wealth across the UK.
This year, we will be presenting awards in three brand new categories. The Mindful Investor of the Year will recognise an exceptional investor that has provided its investee companies with more than finance. The Industry Rising Star will put a spotlight on young promising start-ups and the Team of the Year category will showcase exceptional results of teams working in the growth investment community.
Guy Tolhurst, managing director of Intelligent Partnership, commented:
“It has always been my great ambition to help the UK become the place where everyone with a great idea can build and grow a successful business. I also believe that businesses perform best when their investors are as supportive and inclusive as possible. That’s why this year, with our new awards categories, we’re paying special attention to investors that bring the very best out of the teams they invest in.”
Entries for the Growth Investor Awards are open until June 28. The 20 prestigious categories include:
- Industry Champion
- Exit of the Year, sponsored by RW Blears
- Most Impactful Investment, sponsored by Bates Wells Braithwaite
- Industry Game Changer, sponsored by MICAP
- Best Investment Platform
- Best Angel Syndicate
- Best SEIS Investment Manager, sponsored by Aston Lark
- Best AIM Portfolio Service
- Best BR Investment Manager – AIM
- Best BR Investment Manager – Non-AIM
- Best EIS Investment Manager, sponsored by Mainspring Fund Services
- Best VCT Investment Manager
- Financial Adviser of the Year
- Wealth Manager of the Year, sponsored by Kin Capital
- Growth Champion of the Year
- Growth Investor of the Year, sponsored by Beauhurst
- Corporate Investor of the Year
- Mindful Investor of the Year
- Industry Rising Star
- Team of the Year
Major award winners in 2018 included automation platforms developer Thoughtonomy as the Growth Champion of the Year, Jenny Tooth OBE as the Industry Champion, Albion Capital as the Growth Investor and Seedrs as the Industry Game Changer for the second consecutive year.
The 2018 investment provider finalists made a remarkable impact on the UK SMEs, having collectively invested an astounding £3.3bn into 1145 high-growth businesses. Between them, small business finalists created 1438 jobs and generated an impressive £140m turnover.
The finalists of the Growth Investor Awards 2019 will be announced during August. The shortlisted entrants will then go to a second round of judging by a minimum of three experts drawn from an independent panel of more than 35 judges.
All of the judges’ scores will be collated to determine the winner in each category. A personalised feedback and benchmarking report will be given to all finalists, providing them with valuable insight on areas of improvement.
The winners will be announced on Wednesday November 6 during a black-tie dinner for over 400 movers and shakers of the growth investment industry.
Visit www.growthinvestorawards.com for more information on the categories and how to enter the awards.
Growth Investor Awards 2019 timeline:
- April 9 – June 28 – awards open for entries
- August 1 – August 30 – finalists announcements
- November 6 – black-tie awards dinner
About Intelligent Partnership
At Intelligent Partnership we’re passionate about small businesses. We know that they are a vital part of the economy: creating jobs, developing new products, opening up new markets and fuelling regional and national growth.
We want to play our part in promoting the SME sector and, in particular, highlighting the investment and support available to small companies. Putting ourselves at the centre of the wide-ranging capital debate, we want to encourage more people to start their own businesses.
Through our campaigning, research, content, events and awards initiatives, we want to encourage more small businesses to secure vital investment and associated support to scale up and become great businesses.
For more information about Intelligent Partnership or the Growth Investor Awards, or to arrange interviews, please contact Debbie Connelly:
[t]: 07915 206 386