- LGBR award sponsorship covers cost of entry for advisers active in alternative investments
- New Awards celebrate role of fund management and advisory community in SME growth
LGBR Capital, the developer and distributor of innovative financial solutions including alternative funds and tax efficient products, has announced its support of the Growth Investor Awards as sponsor of the Financial Adviser of the Year award. The Growth Investor Awards are organized by Intelligent Partnership, the UK’s leading provider of research and education on alternative investment, to celebrate the role of the UK SME fund management and advisory community in job and wealth creation.
Guy Tolhurst, Managing Director of Intelligent Partnership, commented: “Open to any organisation putting investment to work in SMEs, the Growth Investor Awards recognise those enabling start up and ‘scale up’ businesses to realise their full potential and drive Britain’s economic recovery. The Awards are part of IP’s mission to make alternative investment more accessible to advisers whilst enabling providers to evolve their offering and the fund management ecosystem. We are delighted that LGBR Capital is supporting these Awards as sponsor of Financial Adviser of the Year.”
The Financial Adviser of the Year award is designed to highlight the role of advisers in promoting alternative investments, and recognize those who actively educate themselves and their clients about how to diversify their portfolios.
Jack Rose, Business Development Director for Tax Products at LGBR Capital, commented: “Long term partnerships, product innovation and excellent client service are the core values of our business – just as they are for the investment managers and advisers we work with. We are proud to support the Growth Investor Awards campaign to recognize product innovation, and we wanted to go one step further in honouring those advisers who commit precious time to learning about the best alternative investment products and how to recommend them. To encourage as many of the very best to enter, LGBR is covering the cost of entry in our sponsorship of the Financial Adviser of the Year award.”
With a deadline for submissions of 19th June, any company or individual meeting the criteria can enter the Growth Investor Awards by filling in an entry form and paying an entry fee (£195 + VAT) for each relevant award category. A two stage judging process will begin with an initial shortlist to identify finalists in each category who will be announced in July. Finalist entries will then be submitted for a second round of judging, with a panel of at least three judges for each award category to ensure a robust assessment.
Alex Evans, Content Director of Intelligent Partnership commented: “When scoring each entry for the Financial Adviser of the Year award, judges will look at how advisers are promoting alternative investments, how they educate themselves, how they apply expertise to add value for clients, and what they do to remain best able to advise on tax-efficient investments as part of their portfolio.
“All of the judges’ scores will be collated to determine the winner and to generate a Feedback Report – so all finalists will receive feedback on areas of improvement. This aligns with Intelligent Partnership’s mission to enable improvement through industry research and analysis – and creates value for everyone participating in the Growth Investor Awards.”
Representing different sections of the fund management, alternative investment and SME community, an Advisory Board of influential leaders will offer guidance on shortlisting and judging while encouraging the best from their respective networks to participate in the awards. The Advisory Board for 2015 includes:
- Sherry Coutu CBE, angel investor, entrepreneur and Non-Executive Director of the London Stock Exchange who authored The Scale-Up Report on UK Economic Growth in 2014
- Sarah Wadham, Director General of the Enterprise Investment Scheme Association (EISA) who actively champions EIS within the adviser community
- Martin McCourt, former CEO of Dyson & director of Montagu Private Equity who works with a variety of businesses and leaders to help them scale and grow
- Mike Harris, Founding CEO of Egg & First Direct, former Chairman of Group Innovation at RBS and a regular speaker on leadership and innovation
- Emma Jones MBE, CEO of Enterprise Nation, which represents the interests of over 75,000 small business owners and their advisers
- Tony Langham, Chairman of Unbiased.co.uk & Chief Executive of Lansons, who has managed the reputation of some of the biggest names in the financial services industry
- Tim Hames, Director General of the British Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (BVCA) who promotes the impact of the private equity and VC industry on UK economic growth
Winners in 12 award categories will be revealed at a black tie dinner for 350 movers and shakers at the London Marriott Grosvenor Square on 22nd October. An impressive guest list will include the industry’s leading fund managers and others active in SME investment including financial advisers, wealth managers, private equity & venture capital companies, angel networks, and investment platforms plus entrepreneurs and high net worth investors.
For more information about any aspect of the Growth Investor Awards or Intelligent Partnership please contact Alex Evans, Content Director, on 020 3375 1702 or email email@example.com.