- Reyker announced as sponsor of Best BPR Investment Manager
- Organised by Intelligent Partnership and supported by high profile Advisory Board
- Awards dinner to be held on 22 October at the London Marriott Grosvenor Square
Intelligent Partnership (IP), the UK’s leading provider of research and education on alternative investment, has launched the Growth Investor Awards to celebrate the role of the UK SME fund management community in job and wealth creation. Reyker, the leading provider of professional private investor services, has announced its support of the Awards as sponsor of Best BPR Investment Manager.
Guy Tolhurst, Managing Director of Intelligent Partnership, commented: “Open to any organisation putting investment to work in SMEs, the Growth Investor Awards recognise those enabling start up and ‘scale up’ businesses to realise their full potential and drive Britain’s continued economic recovery. The Awards are part of IP’s mission to make alternative investment more accessible to advisers whilst enabling providers to evolve their offering and the fund management ecosystem. We are delighted that Reyker is supporting these Awards as sponsor of Best BPR Investment Manager.”
The Best BPR Investment Manager award recognizes providers specialising in investments with Business Property Relief who can best demonstrate innovation in product development, impact on investment performance, and adviser engagement.
Pippa Brown, Director at Reyker commented: “With BPR meeting a growing need for more flexible estate planning solutions, and both providers and advisers expecting to do more business in this area, it’s important to recognize product innovation and the impact managers can have on performance. Reyker is proud to support the Growth Investor Awards, and Best BPR Investment Manager in particular, because of their role in ensuring that solidly performing businesses achieving sustained and steady growth are passed down through generations rather than being broken up or sold.”
Following an initial shortlist, finalists in each award category are due to be announced on 21st July. Finalist entries will then be submitted for a second round of judging by an independent panel to ensure a robust assessment.
Alex Evans, Content Director of Intelligent Partnership commented: “When scoring each entry, judges will look for evidence of innovation in products and services as well as impact on investee performance. All of the judges’ scores will be collated to determine the winner and to generate a Feedback Report – so all finalists will receive feedback on areas of improvement. This aligns with Intelligent Partnership’s mission to enable improvement through industry research and analysis – and creates value for everyone participating in the Growth Investor Awards.”
Representing different sections of the fund management, alternative investment and SME community, an Advisory Board of influential leaders will offer guidance on shortlisting and judging to ensure finalists reflect key industry trends and best practices. The Advisory Board for 2015 includes:
- Sherry Coutu CBE, angel investor, entrepreneur and Non-Executive Director of the London Stock Exchange who authored The Scale-Up Report on UK Economic Growth in 2014
- Sarah Wadham, Director General of the Enterprise Investment Scheme Association (EISA) who actively champions EIS within the adviser community
- Martin McCourt, former CEO of Dyson & director of Montagu Private Equity who works with a variety of businesses and leaders to help them scale and grow
- Mike Harris, Founding CEO of Egg & First Direct, former Chairman of Group Innovation at RBS and a regular speaker on leadership and innovation
- Emma Jones MBE, CEO of Enterprise Nation, which represents the interests of over 75,000 small business owners and their advisers
- Tony Langham, Chairman of Unbiased.co.uk & Chief Executive of Lansons, who has managed the reputation of some of the biggest names in the financial services industry
- Tim Hames, Director General of the British Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (BVCA) who promotes the impact of the private equity and VC industry on UK economic growth
- Lawrence Gosling is Group Editorial Director of Incisive Media and editorial director of its Financial Services Division – which includes Investment Week & Professional Adviser
Winners in 12 award categories will be revealed at a dinner for over 300 movers and shakers at the London Marriott Grosvenor Square on 22nd October. An impressive guest list will include the industry’s leading fund managers and others active in SME investment including wealth managers, financial advisers, private equity & venture capital companies, angel networks, and investment platforms plus entrepreneurs and high net worth investors.
The Growth Investor Awards form part of IP’s broader programme of content to highlight best practice and thought-leadership in alternative investment, which includes its award-winning industry reports and masterclasses. This prestigious industry gathering will follow its Alternative Investment Summit – both taking place on 22nd October 2015.
All information about the Growth Investor Awards, including award categories, criteria and how to enter, can be found at www.growthinvestorawards.com.