- DWF LLP has announced sponsorship of Best VCT Investment Manager
- Organised by Intelligent Partnership and supported by high profile Advisory Board
- Awards dinner to be held on 22 October at the London Marriott Grosvenor Square
Intelligent Partnership, the UK’s leading provider of research and education on alternative investment, is today launching the Growth Investor Awards to celebrate the role of the UK SME fund management community in job and wealth creation. DWF LLP, which provides legal advisory services to the venture capital industry, has announced its support of the Awards as sponsor of Best VCT Investment Manager.
Guy Tolhurst, Managing Director of Intelligent Partnership, commented: “Open to any organisation putting investment to work in SMEs, the Growth Investor Awards recognise those enabling start up and ‘scale up’ businesses to realise their full potential and drive Britain’s economic recovery. The Awards are part of IP’s mission to make alternative investment more accessible to advisers whilst enabling providers to evolve their offering and the fund management ecosystem. We are delighted that DWF LLP is supporting these Awards as sponsor of Best VCT Investment Manager.”
The Best VCT Investment Manager award recognizes providers specialising in Venture Capital Trusts who can demonstrate innovation in product development and impact on SME growth.
Jay Birch, Head of Corporate, London, at DWF LLP, commented: “As an active adviser to the venture capital industry, DWF is delighted to sponsor the Growth Investor Awards. Based in 13 locations in England, Scotland, Ireland and Dubai, DWF recognises the catalytic effect that fund managers have on SME investment volume and performance, and the untold benefits that tax-efficient investments generate, supporting innovation, economic growth and job creation, not only in London, but across the UK.”
With a deadline for submissions of 19th June, any company or individual meeting the criteria can enter the Growth Investor Awards by filling in an entry form and paying an entry fee (£195 + VAT) for each relevant award category. A two stage judging process will begin with an initial shortlist to identify finalists in each category who will be announced in July. Finalist entries will then be submitted for a second round of judging, with a panel of at least three judges for each award category to ensure a robust assessment.
Alex Evans, Content Director of Intelligent Partnership commented: “When scoring each entry, judges will look for evidence of innovation in products and services as well as impact on investee performance. All of the judges’ scores will be collated to determine the winner and to generate a Feedback Report – so all finalists will receive feedback on areas of improvement. This aligns with Intelligent Partnership’s mission to enable improvement through industry research and analysis – and creates value for everyone participating in the Growth Investor Awards.”
Representing different sections of the fund management, alternative investment and SME community, an Advisory Board of influential leaders will offer guidance on shortlisting and judging while encouraging the best from their respective networks to participate in the awards. The Advisory Board for 2015 includes:
- Sherry Coutu CBE, angel investor, entrepreneur and Non-Executive Director of the London Stock Exchange who authored The Scale-Up Report on UK Economic Growth in 2014
- Sarah Wadham, Director General of the Enterprise Investment Scheme Association (EISA) who actively champions EIS within the adviser community
- Martin McCourt, former CEO of Dyson & director of Montagu Private Equity who works with a variety of businesses and leaders to help them scale and grow
- Mike Harris, Founding CEO of Egg & First Direct, former Chairman of Group Innovation at RBS and a regular speaker on leadership and innovation
- Emma Jones MBE, CEO of Enterprise Nation, which represents the interests of over 75,000 small business owners and their advisers
- Tony Langham, Chairman of Unbiased.co.uk & Chief Executive of Lansons, who has managed the reputation of some of the biggest names in the financial services industry
- Tim Hames, Director General of the British Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (BVCA) who promotes the impact of the private equity and VC industry on UK economic growth
Winners in 12 award categories will be revealed at a dinner for 350 movers and shakers at the London Marriott Grosvenor Square on 22nd October. An impressive guest list will include the industry’s leading fund managers and others active in SME investment including wealth managers, advisers, private equity & venture capital companies, angel networks, and investment platforms plus entrepreneurs and high net worth investors.
The Growth Investor Awards form part of IP’s broader programme of content to highlight best practice and thought-leadership in alternative investment, which includes its award-winning industry reports and masterclasses. This prestigious industry gathering will follow its Alternative Investment Summit – both taking place on 22nd October 2015.
For more information about any aspect of the Growth Investor Awards or Intelligent Partnership please contact Alex Evans, Content Director, on 020 3375 1702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.